Website Quay Appointments
My client is a large Government organisation and household name. They are currently searching for an experience senior manager – data governance This is an initial 6 month contract with possible extension for the right candidate.
The primary purpose of the role is to lead data governance standards and framework developmentand implementation, creating an ability to shareand democratise data both across the cluster and
between government agencies with safe data and safe people.
- Design, develop and gain endorsement for Data Governance frameworks and standards to support cluster Data and Analytics vision and Data Governance roadmap
- Define rules that enables classification of data within the data management framework and gain agreement on critical data elements with legal, infosec and data owners, linking to value and use cases
- Develop User Access strategy and policies to govern access to safe data with clear ability to apply using profiles and work with technical and business partners to implement
- Define security levels required for each area and level of data platforms as well as movement between platforms and work with enterprise data architect to design and implement across cluster
- Determine data sharing principles with internal and external stakeholders relevant for each user and data type and develop use of data policies for appropriate and ethical use of data
Key knowledge and experience
- Experience leading in a matrix environment, preferably using Agile principles with an exceptional ability to communicate and engage at all levels
- Expert level knowledge and experience implementing Data Governance capability, procedures and policy in a complex enterprise
- Demonstrated experience in building data literacy in large organisations
- Experience with implementing data governance and management tools
- Knowledge of DAMA-DMBOK model
- Experience with data management frameworks
- Experience in NSW state government and data governance/process is preferable, although not mandatory.
If you believe that you have the right mix of skills for this challenging role, don’t delay apply today!