Website Quay Appointments
6 month contract
Location is WFH and Parramatta
Our state Government client is looking for a Policy officer to join their team. You would be working in a small team who are dedicated to the Policies and Strategies in Energy they produce. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to progress in the policy space.
About the role:
You will be working in the energy space. As part of your role you will support the development and review of current policies, strategies and framework and make recommendations for improvement. The role optimises opportunities to provide organisational advice and input into Cabinet and other government policy and proposals and coordinates high-level cross-agency projects to inform state-wide energy policy development.
- Provide timely, relevant analysis and advice to strategic policy issues including through the coordination of cross divisional input and the development of effective policy and legislative and regulatory reforms.
- Prepare advice, discussion papers, briefs and submissions based on appropriate factual evidence and research, to contribute to the development of policies and advice.
- Undertake qualitative and quantitative research and analysis to support policy development; scan the external operating context and the values and interests of customers and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders on policy development, to facilitate exchange of information and support project completion in line with project plans.
- Coordinate high-level cross agency projects and prepare a range of project or policy related documents including briefs, reports, status updates and discussion papers
Required to be successful in the role:
- Previous experience writing policies in Australia for Cabinet and Parliament.
- Demonstrated experience in researching, analysing and evaluating information, and contributing to the development of strategy and policy proposals.