Website Quay Appointments
The primary purpose of the role is to ensure the stewardship of data across the enterprise by partnering with data owners and stewards to identify, protect, classify and curate the data in their domain of responsibility. This is an initial 6 months contract with flexible working conditions.
- Support the Spoke’s Data Governances teams with SME input and advisory for consistent implementation across the cluster.
- Works with leadership to identify data domains and domain leads, owners and stewards to assists in the development and delivery of appropriate governance training across the branch and organisation
- Facilitates sharing and adoption of data governance best practices through governance consuls and committees within the division.
- Work to define classification of data and critical data elements in area of domain and division with data owner
- Work with data stewards to educate on requirements for enterprise data glossary and data management and facilitate collaboration with relevant working groups and stakeholders to agree on definitions
- Create awareness of data asset register across the organisation and partner with data governance team to catalogue all data
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) that helps managers and employees understand best practises for data usage and control.
- Experience in NSW state government and data governance is preferable, although not mandatory.
Key challenges knowledge and experience
- Securing priority from divisions to allocate resources and time to data governance and stewardship
- Ensuring adoption of data steward policies, standards and procedures by users and raising awareness of responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience in programming and data modelling.
- Knowledge of domains such as data warehousing and storage concepts and enterprise strategy
Immediate start Please appply today