Website Quay Appointments
Primary purpose of the role
The position will provide high quality data analysis in the crime environment. The role involves processing and cleaning data for analysis, performing analysis using predictive modelling and machine learning techniques. The position will present results in a clear, concise and practical manner. The role also involves delivering high quality strategic submissions identifying emerging threats and opportunities in the crime environment and managing and contributing to key projects assigned to the team.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques in an applied environment.
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems and predictive modelling.
- Processing and cleaning data for analysis, presenting results of analyses, identifying trends and issues of strategic significance regarding trend, risks and threats
- Perform data mining on crime data, including aggregation, validation and reconciliation, advanced modelling techniques and explaining results in a clear manner.
- Develop new insights across available data using programming languages and statistical packages.
- Plan, implement and supervise the creation of analytical products which inform, and support work undertaken by key stakeholders and strategic decision making
- Develop, foster and maintain effective relationships with external agencies, professional networks and key stakeholders, working closely with management to provide relevant and timely information
- Develop and continually enhance crime trend reports, products and databases.
- A Bachelor or Master’s Degree in a highly quantitative field (Data Science, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Mathematics etc) or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in SQL Analsys Services and using dockers and containers in deep learning systems are highly desirable
- Excellent understanding of machine learning methods such as Naive Bayes, Decision trees, Random Forests etc.
- Experience in structured and unstructured methodologies and applying these to predictive analytics
- Experience in scientific and research methodology, data cleansing, data engineering and establishing data marts within an intelligence analytics field.
- Experience in applying lateral thinking methodologies to problem solving.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, particularly R.
- Able to write serviceable code (e.g. Python, R) in a professional applied data analysis team.
- Obtain and maintain the requisite security clearances for this position.
Please apply online now with an updated resume or give a call to Leila Boubahlouli for a confidential discussion on 8257 0521
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org