Website Quay Appointments
One of our clients, a large government agency is recruiting an dynamic Configuration Management specialist to join their busy team in Macquarie Park for a 6 months contract.
You will be assisting, and supporting, configuration management planning, and the optimisation of the CMDB data model and CIs for applications and infrastructure across the organisation. This role will need to support the promotion of configuration management processes and regularly validate that CIs are being created and/or updated when the production environment changes.
- Support the development of configuration management plans and the scoping of CIs to be maintained and controlled in the CMDB, and assist with design reviews of the underlying structure of the master CMDB (managed by a third party supplier) to support the synchronisation of agency aligned CMDBs into the single cross-agency master CMDB.
- Assist with the implementation and promotion of configuration management policies and processes
- Assist with periodic reviews, audits and reporting of the configuration management system and CI data. Support and co-ordinate processes to remediate non-compliance and validate that the database reflects the production environment.
- Support governance of supplier compliance with configuration management responsibilities, including the accuracy of CI data for contracted services.
- Support the creation and maintenance of the configuration management process flow documentation, designing it in a manner consistent with the Process Quality Framework. Collaborate with the Continual Service Improvement team to analyse and identify improvements to the configuration management process.
- Proactively identify and escalate potential risks. Contribute to the development of risk management plans, establishment of risk controls and performance of risk mitigation activities
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field. Relevant IT service management certification/s.
- Experience performing service management role/s with configuration management responsibilities in large, complex organisations with multi-sourced delivering models.
- Knowledge of good practice processes, procedures and tooling in configuration management.
- Experience co-ordinating the identification, cataloguing and maintenance of CIs across a federated or multi-sourced environment.
- Knowledge of and experience with infrastructure services and technologies including data centre and compute platforms and products, collaboration and productivity suites, and network services (voice, mobile, data).
- A working knowledge of IT service principles and frameworks including ITIL, process tools, frameworks, and best practice methods.
- Ability to work additional hours outside of ordinary working hours
Apply online with an updated resume. If you have any further questions, please give a call to Leila Boubahlouli on 0416 460 683.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com