Website Quay Appointments
2021 Local Government Elections
70 Postal Vote/Count Centre Jobs – Batching/Count Officers
Sydney Showground, Homebush
Hours: 8.30 to 5.30
23 August to 17 September (Must be available to work all days & hours) OR
5 September to 17 September
$28.86 to $30.53 per hour
You will be a valued member of the Election Project Team responsible for timely delivery of the computerised count of the 2021 Local Council Elections.
Working in a high-profile mission critical environment you will:
- Opening postal vote envelopes
- Meticulous extraction of Postal Vote applications
- Reconciliation of ballot paper material
As part of a team, you will work together to ensure the Postal Vote Centre achieves critical deadlines.
Our team will require:
- You to be registered on the State or National Electoral Roll
- A minimum of 12 months experience in a similar environment.
- A high level of attention to detail
- An ability to maintain accuracy through a repetitive process.
- A quick learner with a strong team spirit.
- A willingness to complete online training which will be reinforced with on-the-job training at the commencement of your 1st day.
- Your availability to work Monday to Friday – 23 August to 17 September, all hours and all shifts.
- OR 2nd Intake from 5 September to 18 September.
These roles require strict political neutrality. If you have an active or official connection with any political party, election campaign committee, or any nominated candidate we will not be able to engage you in the Elections Project.
Quay welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, Quay will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process.
Please apply now. For more information please visit www.quayappointments.com.au