Website Quay Appointments
2021 Local Government Elections
160 Postal Vote/Count Centre Jobs – Batching & Initial Count Officers
Sydney Olympic Park
Hours: 8.30 to 5.30
22 November to 17 December (Must be available to work all days & hours)
$29.59 to $31.29 per hour
You will be a valued member of the Election Project Team responsible for timely delivery of the computerised count of the 2021 Local Council Elections.
Working in a high-profile mission critical environment you will be responsible for the:
- Accurate check count of ballot papers received from the Returning Officer’s office
- Accurate sort of ballot papers ready for data entry or bulk entry
- Batching of ballot papers for data entry
- Some lifting may be required to be undertaken
- Ability to follow strict guidelines
- Ability to undertake repetitive work
As part of a team, you will work together to ensure the Postal Vote Centre achieves critical deadlines.
Our team will require:
- You to be registered on the State or National Electoral Roll
- A minimum of 12 months experience in a similar environment.
- A high level of attention to detail
- An ability to maintain accuracy through a repetitive process.
- A quick learner with a strong team spirit.
- A willingness to complete online training which will be reinforced with on-the-job training at the commencement of your 1st
- Your availability to work Monday to Saturday
- You will require proof of COVID vaccination
These roles require strict political neutrality. If you have an active or official connection with any political party, election campaign committee, or any nominated candidate we will not be able to engage you in the Elections Project.
Quay welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, Quay will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process.