One of the toughest things about job searching is when you don’t get a job. It’s always demoralising and disturbing when you don’t know the exact reason of why is it not working out for you. Despite the fact you have a great CV, excellent communication and interpersonal skills and on top of everything you match the clients requirements but why is it still not happening for you?
As a recruitment company, we feel there is not just one simple reason instead a couple of reasons why you are not getting the dream job and they could be:
- Are you applying for the right job?
- Is the requested experience and skill set highlighted on you CV?
- Is the CV too brief or too detailed?
- Is the CV even properly formatted?
- How old is the job? Could it be you are applying for an old job which is filled but still displaying on an online portal?
- Are you following up with the agency or company directly to make sure they have received your CV and enquiring if the job is filled already?
- Have you mentioned your correct contact details?
- Were all your application documents error free and well written?
- Was someone else a better networker?
- Could there be organisational or budget issues which cancelled or postponed the job?
- Are you doing the right job search?
These are just a few common examples of the reasons of why you may not be getting the job we are pretty sure there will be a couple more. But is it worth looking back and thinking are you following the right approach in order to get your dream job?
Let’s hope these little tips will help you to get the job you deserve and are dreaming of.
Good Luck with your search.