Wikipedia defines an interview as a conversation between 2 or more people. Why then are we satisfied by only answering questions and come away thinking it was a great interview? The key to a successful interview is to also ask relevant questions.
Once again instead of rubbing the magic lamp, the Quay Appointments’ genie brings you a few ideal ones you could ask.
- Can you give me a detailed description of the position?
- How has this position become available?
- Could you describe the culture of your company?
- What induction program do you have in place?
- How is success determined in this compnay?
- What are the growth prospects within the firm?
- Could you take me through the training & development program you have in place?
- What is the next step in the selection process?
- What are the some of the challenges in this position?
- Could you take me through the renumeration and benefit scheme you have in place?
- What is your commission structure?
Remember the interview is a 2 way process and your evaluation of the role / company is as important as their evaluation of your skills / potential.